Saturday, October 5, 2013

hey, because sometimes all you really need is a fried balogna sandwich!!!!

my guilty pleasure...especially watching the walking dead on netflix - woohoo!

 

 pick a pot of peppers....look at those babies!


3 big bombs, 2 sweet italian and 5 cayennes. sautee them with onion and a ton of garlic for about 4-5 minutes.  then add water.


cook off the water, cool the peppers to room temperature and puree them in the blender. add vinegar as you are pureeing them. and the end result -


hot sauce baby! jambaloney loves the crap - i can't stand it. i am planning to make a similiar hot sauce but this time adding in some super hot thai chili peppers - i have peppers coming out of my ears!

we had a beautiful river day a few days ago! we sat in the sun until we couldn't stand it and then in for a dip - it was soooooo freakin cold! but very refreshing and i was able to say my last thank you to the river. 



we read our books, chatted, napped a little and snacked. here's a little mushroom growing in between our river shoes. i never wear mine because i love the feel of the sludge at the bottom of the river...mud between the toes kind of thing!


jambaloney is building a hill-billy boat launch for the yacht.


you can see where he has to drag the boat up. so with a pick and shovel, he is digging us out a boat launch.


he makes progress every time we go down.


he's out working on the greenhouse to kill time. i am blogging. we had our hungry man's breakfast at our community centre this morning - up at 5 and cooking bacon from 7-10:30....i reek of bacon!!! we are killing time because we have one of patriarch's 80th birthday party from 3-5 this afternoon. we're bushwhacked and yes, we are babies! my goodness those breakfasts really wear you out!

true to form, the group of military veteran bikers who came to our last breakfast, came back. and we got to see a whole pile of our friends! the party this afternoon is going to be standing room only. we made banana bread to bring - jambaloney made it as i am the cooker and he is the baker.

ok - time to figure out what i am going to wear and try to get the bacon smell out of my hair! holy moly, who knew that i was a poet! be good and have a fun weekend. i'll be checking your blogs in just a short while!

19 comments:

  1. Always strange to read of the change of seasons elsewhere. But, without the comparison, how else can we appreciate each for it's own beauty and gifts? :)

    "To everything, turn, turn, turn..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy those zombie meat bologna sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you didn't wear anything?

    Season 8 of "Supernatural" is on Netflix now as well. I don't know why but I love that show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes my dear sweet friend, please go check the blogs... : )

    I don't care for bologna but totally dig the zombie boat.. that is cool
    I am canning turnip greens today will post later about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its our first fall back home after 6 years in Fla. The colors are wonderful. Enjoy your time with your friends hey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had a fried bologna sandwich since i was about twelve years old. I like the hot sauce recipe...gonna try it. I finished the last installment, season three, of Walking Dead this week. Perhaps now I should try PP's show. Tell Jamie he needs lumber. A dock in that spot would look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Kymber,

    Fried Bologna sandwich YUM, I haven't had bologna in years. There is something about comfort food, that makes a person feel real good.

    I love your recipe for the hot sauce, I'm going to have to try this one day.

    How cool, the bikers returned!!!! Woooohooooo, have fun today!!!!

    Your Friend,
    Sandy

    P.S. Sending hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where is my Sam'ich? You can get my address, overnight one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE fried bologna, but it don't love me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we take road trips there is nothing like having a bologna and processed cheese sandwich at a rest stop. Something about it that just makes sense. Now the remainder of the pack we fry in the morning with eggs for a bologna and egg sandwich....LOVE.

    xoxoxoxoxoox
    oh and add some of that hot sauce for a bit of NM style sandwich!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another very nice wine accessory is the wine-pouring basket. You often see wine-pouring baskets used in Italian restaurants. Other than preventing slippage and spills, these wine baskets serve another purpose. They hold the wine bottle at a semi-horizontal angle during storage to prevent the pouring motion from disturbing any leftover sediments at the bottom of the bottle.

    wine accessories

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sweetie,

    I hope all went well with your get together!!! I dropped you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My wife is the baker in our family though one of the things I do bake is banana bread. It is a staple here for breakfast especially during the week when I'm trying to get the daughter out the door to ride the school bus.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love bologna sandwiches! Have them about every 2 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now, you need to make a fried bologna samich, with fried onions, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, and a fried egg. Now that's a meal. Spread a little hot sauce on it. And your good to go.

    YUM! And, if you don't have any bologna, try it with a slab of fried ham.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good bologna sandwich. Now I know what I'm going to have for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks the really good thick sliced bologna. In the South sometimes you will see it on biscuits for breakfast. No wonder we are the heart attack capital of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell I thought it was because of all that biscuit & sausage gravy at breakfast, along with all that fried chicken, mashed potatoes,gravy, and pie at dinner. bahahaha. I know I gained some weight with all that good southern cooking the 6 years we lived in Fla.

      Delete