Sunday, April 29, 2012

update on Sci and Mars

hey guys - just wanted to update all of my friends on the current situation with Sci and Mars. it turns out that they found a worthy (and cheap) beater....no i mean excellent vehicle that will be reliable for a while...and it was closer to them then having poor MDR and his wife have to drive up to Oklahoma from Texas.

i spoke to MDR on friday night and he gave me the news. i also got to speak to his wife who sounds so awesome that i could probably hug her until she was sooo squished. it was an honour that my friend would want me to speak to his wife. i don't care what he says - i think he is one of the most awesome men i have ever met! and i am filled with pride when i think that he calls me friend. jambaloney feels the same way. but jambaloney just wishes that MDR would slow down a little on his projects - teehee. because when i see MDR's latest project i yell - babe! come and see this! - and then jambaloney gets that look on his face. you all know what i mean!

i just heard back from Sci and she and Mars are very happy with their crap-ass - no i mean awesome - second hand vehicle. she is overwhelmed by the accident, the support, the prayers, the donations, the trying to find a vehicle, the fact that MDR offered his - she has to go into the Big Town tomorrow to register their new vehicle. i can only imagine how overwhelmed she and Mars are - i am overwhelmed and it didn't happen to me!

again - i thank all of my friends who jumped when i called. it fills my heart with joy to know that there are really good people out there in the world. i have always believed that, even though both jambaloney and i have been through experiences with people where we felt used and to be frank - abused. it is so nice to have a community here that you can really count on.

from the bottom of my heart - i thank you all for being here. i thank you all for your concern, your caring, your willingness to help people that you have never met.

my friend Rick said that he helped because he received help once and he believes in "paying it forward". i can't think of a better way to say it. you people have enriched my life and i don't know the proper way to say thank you for that.

so i will leave you with a quote from the movie 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape". Leonardo di Caprio plays Gilbert's (Johnny Depp's) brother, Arnie. at the end of the movie, Arnie says to Gilbert "say thank you, Gilbert. say thank you".

thank you.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mr. Smythe ... me too. again. Sir, i say, me too. thank you for your prayers - it means the world!

      Delete
  2. Kymber - That's awesome news ! So happy for them and you that they have a vehicle once again. And yes, the goodness of people to give of themselves so freely and without question - is simply wonderful !

    Your online buddies are the best - and they have all been thanked by you and Sci in the most heartfelt ways possible ! Enjoy your day dear friend and relax your mind - problem solved !

    Love Always - Helga xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you, dear darling, always know what i am feeling and always know how to put me at ease. you are stuck with me forever - i hope that you know that. i thank you honey, for your wondrous prayers, and your kind donation, when you are up to your eyeballs in worry and strife. just remember - you will always have a friend in me and jambaloney. we love you so much as you have been such a good friend to us - oh Helga - i need to send you an email! thank you eh? like just thank you? you are always there for me and i never forget it! you and yours are always, always in our thoughts and prayers! xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Cool! Great news & I'm happy that things are looking brighter for them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hobo - it really is pretty cool eh? do you want me to add you to our blogroll? let me know.

      Delete
  4. It never ceases to amaze me how the blogging community can come together to help someone, often times someone we have never met in real life...sometimes someone we've just heard about because someone posts a link to a blog about them (which is how I ended up here). It's good to know that there are still AWESOME GOOD people out there. It gives me hope! So glad that things worked out for Sci and Mars and I hope things continue to get better from today and into the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MammaTea - i couldn't agree more! and it blows my mind the way that the blogging community always comes together. thank you so much for stopping by - would you like me to add you to our blogroll?

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to hear they are getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 45er buddy - you and me both. i think they can both sigh a sigh of relief. PTL! thanks buddy, eh?

      Delete
  6. Kymber,

    We have our immediate family members (husbands, wives, kids, parents ect...) and we have our 2nd family (all our blogger friends). Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy - you said it. that's exactly what i mean by my last few posts. maybe i can get you to guest post here and say what i mean? no really, would you?

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Warlock - i am sure that Sci will let us all know on her blog when she gets caught up. but we all got to promise not to laugh. and that's probably not gonna be easy buddy - bahahahah!

      Delete
  9. I just had to come by and give you all a very heartfelt thank you from both of us. Your kindness and prayers have made a miracle in our lives. I wish I was as eloquent as kymber but .... lol I'm not! You have all touched the lives of folks in ways that is hard to express.
    My heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you.

    P.S. Warlock... if you promise not to laugh I'll tell ya soon! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yer awesome honey! and we can't wait to hear what kind of vehicle you got! my lips are zipped until you are ready to share - bahahahahah!

      Delete
  10. Miracles happen and sometimes we are blessed to play a part. God it good and so are all his angels. - Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  11. I promise not to laugh....times like this are definitely not funny....and being a how the Comedy Channel has not returned my calls requesting a spot o t.v.......I think it be safe to whisper it out loud.....(I am sooooo glad things are looking up for ya'll)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teehee - i bet we'll all probably laugh!!! and thanks again for being there buddy! i really appreciate it!

      Delete
  12. "hug her until she was sooo squished"
    She laughed on this one.
    Thank you again for your kind words. I am glad it all worked out for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems I missed everything, sorry I wasn't able to help out but it sounds like things are on track up North.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy to hear things are working out. I know what it feels like to feel absolutely helpless and I am so glad our bloggers were able to come together and help. Yall are a great bunch of good people!

    ReplyDelete